31.8.15

Banana Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies

Chocolate chip cookies are the new favorite thing in my household. But there are only so many varieties you can make, or so I thought. Part cake, part cookie, these banana oatmeal chocolate chip cookies are soft on the inside and ever-so-slightly-crispy on the outside. I wouldn't go so far as to say they are chewy, because, well, they're not.

I ended up making mine far too big, so they were slightly softer than I'd hoped. But make them slightly smaller, and I'm sure they will be just perfect. That's not to say I didn't love them as is, but I think I've realized that I prefer crunchier cookies.

These are perfect dunk-in-milk cookies and will definitely satisfy cravings for a (slightly) sweet afternoon pick-me-up.

Ingredients
Makes 12 medium-sized cookies
1 cup flour
1/2 cup whole wheat flour
pinch of salt
1 tsp baking soda
1/3 cup unrefined sugar
1/4 cup brown sugar
3 tbsp coconut oil, softened
1/2 cup whole rolled oats
1 ripe banana, mashed
1 egg
vanilla
1/4 cup dark chocolate chips

Instructions
Preheat oven to 170 C. Line a cookie sheet with baking paper and set aside.

In a medium bowl, whisk together the flours, baking soda and salt.

In a separate, larger bowl, beat together the coconut oil and sugars until creamy. Add the egg and vanilla and beat again until pale and fluffy.

Stir in the mashed banana. Pour in the flour mixture and mix again. Finally, add in the oats and chocolate chips and fold to incorporate.

The dough may be slightly sticky, but do not worry. Spoon the batter onto the cookie sheet, leaving some space in between the cookies. Bake for 20 minutes, or until golden brown.

Let the cookies cool on the cookie sheet for 5 minutes, then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely. Serve and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment