17.9.13

No-Bake Marble Cheesecake

So, as I mentioned in my last post, I told you I had something planned for my wonderful mom's birthday! Behold this stunning no-bake marble nutella swirl cheesecake topped with luscious raspberries:

If you don't think it's gorgeous... then... I really don't know what to say! I almost didn't want to cut into it and eat it, but WOW am I glad I did. It was absolutely, utterly, lip-smackingly delicious. The perfect swirl/feathering effect is so easy and looks amazing. The raspberries are unnecessary, but juicy fruit and a burst of color never hurt!

Let me just explain how good this is. My mom, sister and I (my dad took a bite, but is a die hard dark chocolate and ice-cream fan only!) single-handedly finished this within thirty minutes. I repeat: thirty minutes. I'm not sure whether to be proud of this feat or not - but I'll go with yes!

This wasn't my original idea. I planned to make a red velvet cake with cream cheese frosting for my mom, but that failed as I couldn't get myself to add the several tablespoons of red food coloring to the recipe [it's very different eating red velvet and seeing for yourself how much artificial coloring goes in - maybe it's just me...] Anyways, I immediately thought of this! I mean, I had just purchased a tub of cream cheese. At the time, I expected it to be an okay-ish dessert that would compensate for the lack of a second (red velvet) cake. I couldn't have been more wrong.

When I made the cheesecake-type filling, I didn't add any whipped cream or anything and was worried that the texture would be gummy and stringy as opposed to rich and delish. Yet again, I was proved wrong.

Feel free to make this in an individual sized portion for a quick dessert fix, leave out the marble swirl and keep it a single flavor or customize it with any fruit jam and with any toppings that you so desire. Just believe me, it's simple, quick, effortless and outright delectable.

Disclaimer: this does NOT fit into the category of mostly healthy recipes!

Ingredients
150 g cream cheese, softened
2-3 cups icing sugar, sifted
4 tbsp nutella
6 tbsp whole milk
1 tsp vanilla extract
13 oreo cookies
1 tbsp butter, melted

Instructions
Crush the oreo cookies and mix in the melted butter. Pour into a 9" round glass dish and press down.
Whip the cream cheese, icing sugar and vanilla extract together. Add the milk tablespoon by tablespoon until desired consistency is reached. Spoon two thirds of this mixture on top of the oreo cookies and make an even layer.
Beat in the nutella into the remaining one third of the mixture. Spoon the chocolate-y mixture into 5 horizontal strips on top of the plain cheesecake layer.
Take a knife or toothpick and carefully pull through the cheesecake vertically, starting at the very left. Leave 1" gaps and pull through in the opposite direction until this pattern has been achieved throughout the cheesecake.
Top with fruit, marshmallows, more cookies, melted chocolate, whipped cream, sprinkles, the options are endless.
Cover with cling wrap and place in the refrigerator for 2 hours or until firm.
Spoon the creamy, cold, sweet cheesecake into your mouth. You deserve it.
Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment